Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Maya butterfly model

The last butterfly was made in 3Dsmax. Rather than import to Maya I thought I'd go on and make a new model from scratch as the max model made about 3 years ago actually has a list of issues (her expressions were limited, her eye blinks were more of an editing trick, the cloth was more a stroke of luck to get it to work, and so on).  Now with more knowledge I was able to make a new model and fully rig her in about 4 days.  This model has many improvements I love compared to the other.  a switch for the wings, and facial controls for the left and right so she can raise a brow and smirk unlike the last one.  I'm noticing that as time goes by my 3D characters are becoming toonier.  Wonder where they'll be in a year.


No comments:

Post a Comment